Sunday, June 28, 2015

Week 1.....

is done and in the books. How did it go? It went. There were ups and downs this week. We started with our first group run of the Start 2 Finish training. Luck for us Local Joe's, we receive this training as part of our package. This is a great program for anyone looking to get into running a road race. Be it a 5K or a full marathon, hit up Joel at Go Run.

Some of the other Local Joe's
The rest of the week on was on my own. Trying to find time with coaching, city council, work and family, well, it is not always easy. Friday night I had to tell friends that we couldn't go out with them for dinner as I still needed to run. Today (Sunday), I needed to do two separate runs to make up for a missed run on Saturday. It would be easy to miss my scheduled runs. There are many excuses a person could use to not run. But if you are serious about completing your goal, you must work past those excuses. Anyone can find the time to run. You might need to get up an hour earlier than you are use to. Or you might have to put off plans for an hour or two to get that run in. It can be done.

High note of the week: Friday night running 5 miles non-stop. Never have done that before in my 37 years on this great planet.
Low note of the week: Soreness in my knees. Not sure why, but it is there.

They Want Selfies, They Get A Selfie

No comments:

Post a Comment