Tuesday, May 26, 2015

How did Forest do it?????

I kept asking myself that today as I ran my 2.64 miles. Forest Gump ran across this great country 5 times. I was just running 2.64 miles. Man, Forest Gump was a heck of an athlete. Then I come across this: Guy to Recreate Forest Gump Run. Really? This guy is going to run from California to Maine? I tip my hat to this guy. 30 miles per day for 100 days. Ouch. And yes, he will be in Kansas at some point on the "jog". Project Gump is where you can get more information about him and his "jog".

Soreness: Some of you might have seen my Daily Mile updates. One issue I am having is getting my legs to go longer distances. My lungs are having no problem. I'm not out of breath when I run. My legs though are killing me. My knees hated me today. My quads, when I run, are hating me about a mile into any run. I'm guessing this will get better over time. I hope. Andrea, I did try to keep my arms moving faster. It did help.

Treadmill running: I still haven't tried this yet. I'm not sure I will????? I use Plot A Route to mark my routes before I run to give me an estimate on how far my run will take me. I like to run in a circle. I hate going back over a road I just ran down. I will probably just use Plot A Route when I'm in a hotel to map out runs in strange cities. Probably will end up in Compton by accident.

No comments:

Post a Comment