Wednesday, May 6, 2015

first big race.....

I ran the Prairie Fire Marathon 5K this past Sunday. it was my first real big race. I've done three other 5K's before (only ran two due to one being canceled for weather). but those only had about 100-400 runners. but Sunday's race had, if you added all the runners from the different races, over 3,000 runners I'm guessing. it was crazy seeing that many people run. crazy seeing an event this big and being apart of it. from all the people watching on the sidewalks, to the food, to the vendors, to the music, it was awesome to see. those who put on the Prairie Fire Marathon races are great at what they do. and all the volunteers, I can't thank them enough. they all had smiles on their faces. I cannot wait for the Fall race.


No comments:

Post a Comment